3rd Annual Youth Ambassadors Workshop to promote the European Code against Cancer
Young professionals from all around Europe meet in Brussels to fight against cancer and promote the European Code against Cancer
On 6th and 7th July our colleague, Ariadna Feliu, attended for the first time 3rd Annual Youth Ambassadors Workshop to promote the European Code against Cancer organized by the ECL, Association of European Cancer Leagues, in Brussels in representation of Spain since, she become the Spanish Youth Ambassador in February 2017.
The ECL organises this workshop once a year to bring together young professionals involved in cancer promotion and prevention from all European countries to work hand In hand to promote the European Code against Cancer. The workshop counted with European professionals with experience in health promotion, health communication and new technologies, coaching and, in organizing events (races, engaging volunteers, etc.) to promote cancer prevention as speakers. The programme of the 3rd Annual Youth Ambassadors Workshop was:
- Understanding the European Code against Cancer by Carolina ESPINA
- Tools for community mobilisation and fundraising methods: good practice from civil society by Mariane DAVITULIANI
- How can you engage and involve volunteers in raising awareness concerning cancer? – Laila WALTHER
- Promoting evidence-based cancer messages – Luc COLEMONT
- Health communication – Satu LIPPONEN y Enes EFENDIOGLU
- Strategy for developing a cancer prevention project – Giorgi PKHAKADZE
- Team and change management – Andres da SILVA
These presentations opened the debate among the Young Ambassadors attending the workshop about was would be the best strategy to promote the European Code against Cancer in each of their countries to establish the next steps for 2017-18.
Attending this workshop was a wonderful opportunity to meet young professionals from all around Europe socially aware and involved in the fight against cancer as I do with whom to work hand in hand to promote and prevent cancer and to share our concerns and find solutions – Ariadna Feliu